Knowledge, Innovation, Service
The mission of St Lawrence University is to provide quality, affordable education in the American liberal arts tradition by adopting a whole-person development approach, student-centered teaching ethos and broad cross-disciplinary curriculum that prepare students to think, evaluate and act with Faith in contributing to the development of humanity in their community and the world.
To accomplish this, SLU will
- develop programs of study at the undergraduate and graduate levels which are relevant to Cameroon's needs in an increasingly global and technology oriented world;
- develop rich campus life and learning programs, service and community outreach program and international exchange programs that contribute to the whole person development of the students;
- develop integrated language programs that equip students with the communication skills to cope with the multilingual environment in Cameroon;
- develop a culture of effective teaching, vibrant research and discussion, and interaction/exchange with other institutions of higher learning throughout the world;
- develop a culture of accountability and make the most effective use of the human, financial and technical resources available for the pursuit of our goals; and
- Develop mutually beneficial relations with various sectors in the community and meet the community’s educational and training needs.
The goals of SLU are to
Promote academic excellence by providing education that is rooted in the American system which emphasize responsiveness to needs of others, and respect for the worth and dignity of each individual.
Provide professional and liberal arts undergraduate and graduate degree programs grounded in scholarship with well-defined educational outcomes which emphasize critical thinking skills, practical knowledge, personal, and social development of each student.
Promote student learning by emphasizing teaching and learning approaches that actively engage the student in the learning process.
- To promote excellence in teaching and learning
- To promote practical knowledge-based teaching and learning
- To encourage diversity in all forms and expressions
- To encourage interaction with each other and service to the community
- To promote the worth, dignity and respect of every individual